STATEMENT OF FAITH
Love God & Love Others
The purpose of Life Church Gulf Breeze is to glorify God. We shall seek to attain this end through the public worship of God, the preaching of the Scriptures, consistent Christian living by the fellowship, personal evangelism, missionary endeavor and Christian education, caring for orphans and widows, and support of missions and missionaries with a heart to do the same (Ephesians 1:5-14; Colossians 1:9-10; Matthew 5:16; 1 Peter 2:9-12, James 1:27).
We accept the scriptures as our only authority in matters of faith and practice and our interpretation of Bible doctrine leads us to believe:
1. The scriptures of the Old and New Testament as being inspired by God and inerrant and infallible in the original writings, and that they are of supreme and final authority.
2. In one God eternally existing in one essence, yet co-equal persons, the Trinity: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. That Jesus Christ was begotten by God, conceived by the Holy Spirit and born to the virgin Mary.
4. In the Holy Spirit, the third person of the Trinity, who convicts the world of sin, righteousness and judgment. He is the life of the believer and He empowers the preaching and teaching of the Gospel.
5. That mankind was created in the image of God, sinned, and thereby incurred not only physical death, but spiritual death, which is separation from God, and that human beings are born with a sinful nature.
6. That the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are justified on the basis of His shed blood.
7. In the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, His ascension into heaven and His present life there as High Priest and Advocate for us.
8. In the blessed hope, which is the personal, visible and imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
9. That all who recognize that they are sinners and call out to God in repentance and receive by faith the forgiveness of the Lord Jesus Christ are born again by the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God and heirs of eternal life.
10. In the existence of the devil (a fallen Angel) who is still working in the world to destroy the souls of men, that he and all his fallen angels and all people who do not receive Christ as their personal Savior will eternally perish in the lake of fire.
11. In the Church, whose mission it is to preach the Scriptures to all the world, all of its missionary endeavors being guided by multiple leadership, and supported by the wise stewardship of God's people.
12. That the ordinances of the Church, given by the Lord, are Baptism and Communion.